Searchlight Electric is dedicated to environmental protection as well as assessing the environmental impact of its services.
The company strives to adopt best practises while keeping its business needs in mind. The company's goals are as follows:
1. By the end of 2023, all new products will be packaged in recyclable brown boxes.
2. Reduce the company's carbon footprint.
3. Reduce the production of all sorts of waste, particularly paper. Encouraging the use of recycling and the responsible disposal of any waste that cannot be avoided.
4. Ensuring that all packaging contains a minimum of 30% recycled material unless otherwise agreed with the QA dept.
All directors will be accountable for disseminating and enforcing this Policy, which will ensure:
The FSC trademarks can be used by FSC certificate holders and FSC promotional licence holders.
Searchlight Electric Limited (SEL) will only purchase FSC products from FSC Certified suppliers (FSC certificate holders/FSC promotional licence holders). When claiming FSC, all products and packaging supplied to SEL are required to be labelled in accordance of the trademark guidelines, provided by the Forest Stewardship Council https://uk.fsc.org/trademarkuse
Further information on FSC labelling can be found https://uk.fsc.org/what-is-fsc/fsc-labels
Inner packaging materials
The packaging used inside the unit box should be kept to an absolute minimum to avoid waste and cost. We are being increasing taxed on the amount of packaging waste (especially plastic) that we supply with our products.
We ask that all factories:
• Reduce the use of plastics to an absolute minimum and use only plastics that contain a minimum of 30% recycled material.
• No use of PVC or EPS Polystyrene (Polyfoam) packaging unless expressly approved with the QA Dept on a line-by-line basis. We recommend the use of EPE Expanded Polyethylene or corrugated fittings.
• Small parts and fixing kits should be packed in small paper envelopes clearly marked with the contents.
• Instruction leaflets should NOT be placed in polybags (They should be at the top of the packs and the first thing the customer sees when opening the box.
These should be made from Polyethylene (PE) material and be a minimum of 38 microns thick, if over 190mm wide they should contain the child anti-suffocation warning label. The raw materials MUST contain a minimum of 30% recycled material.
All items supplied with a plug must have plug protectors fitted and they must be a minimum of 30% recycled material.
Outer (shipping) cartons
Outer cartons must be made from a minimum of 30% recycled material without affecting its strength. Plastic strapping must not be used around the cartons.