Searchlight Electrical Limited was Founded in 1945 and remains a family owned business. We are an established and recognised supplier of decorative lighting to the very best specialist lighting retailers, multi-national chains and distributor partners across the globe. Innovative and contemporary lighting designs are supplemented with traditional and modern classics to meet all styles and trends, customer requirements and quality standards.
Searchlight are committed to the highest level of ethical standards and governance. We have zero tolerance towards modern slavery and human trafficking and all forms of bribery and corruption associated with these criminal activities. Searchlight seek to ensure that it complies with all legal and regulatory responsibilities including the Modern Slavery Act 2015. We take care to ensure that slavery and human trafficking does not exist in any part of our business or wider our supply chain.
This statement covers Searchlight Electrical Ltd and its wholly owned subsidiaries.
We liaise with our contractors and partners in our supply chain to establish working practices in line with the Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI) Base Code set by the International Labour Organisation namely:
- Freely chosen employment
- Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining
- Safe and hygienic working conditions
- No use of child labour
- The provision of living wages
- No excessive working hours
- No discrimination
- Provision of regular employment
- No harsh or inhumane treatment
Procurement and Supply Chain Management:
We continue to adopt a formally approved Procurement Strategy and supporting staff guidelines which were approved by senior management and published to all staff.
Our company will not work with any company convicted of an offence under the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
We will assess any evidence of non compliances and take appropriate corrective action to ensure we are only trading with those who fully understand and wish to work towards complying with our policies.
- Require new employees to produce original documentary evidence of a right to work in the UK or in country of business on commencement of employment.
- Recognise trade unions and support their involvement in respect of employee rights.
- Living Wage employer
- Manufacturing sites are audited by verified 3rd party company, inline with ETI base code
- Searchlight will continue to align existing policies in accordance to the Modern Slavery Act 2015/Modern Slavery Transparency Statement.
- Searchlight will continue to refer to Home Office guidance and resources.
- Searchlight Operate a whistle blowing policy